Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Day 2 - 6 km past Wentworth to Marker 776

What a night! 5 hours of rolling thunder and lightning and 32 ml of rain. Fortunately my tent held out the elements although water pooling underneath was an issue. It meant a late start to the day while I allowed some gear to dry out. There was a pair of pelicans hanging out with me at breakfast. If you get too close they grunt loudly before moving away.

9 hours of paddling and I was still just short of Lock 9. Pulled up on the NSW side just north of Frenchman’s Creek and set up camp. No phone coverage here but I was able to send messages from the iPad which had coverage from Optus.
                             The short guy only thinks he is a pelican. He is actually a Spoonbill!

Mexican Rice and Sweet Chilli Tuna for dinner.I lay down to read at 7.00 pm and woke briefly around 9.30 pm and then went back to sleep until 3.30 am. Finished “The Pants of Persistence” which is Anna McNuff’s story of the running the Aroroa Trail in New Zealand. Started rereading “The Name of Rose” (Umberto Eco).


No comments:

Post a Comment